Can't launch Outlook when switching to Exchange from POP3
Friday, May 30, 2008 9:14:36 PM (GMT Daylight Time, UTC+01:00)
I've had an irritating issue for the past week or so. I used to use POP3 in Outlook however the other day I switched to the internal Exchange server and I got stuck in an eternal loop saying that Exchange needed to connect to the server to synchronise the offline files and folders -but you couldn't do that until the files were transferred.
The message looked something like this:
The set of folders cannot be opened. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronise your folders with your offline folder file.
Took me a while but the fix was to remove the profile and setup the exchange inbox first:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Switch to Classic View, and then double-click Mail.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- On the General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
- In the Profile Name box, type a descriptive name for the new e-mail profile, and then click OK.
- In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- Click the appropriate server type for your new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next.
- Click Finish, and then click OK.