I'm always up for a laugh and a challenge -especially where business is concerned, without pushing yourself I think your company will just shrivel up and die. This time however I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew -which may very well result in public humiliation, women's clothing and the most bizarre gym session ever!
While "playing" squash the other day with a mate of mine -Ian- who runs Avant Garde - a hair salon based in my local gym Next Generation and I jested about challenging each other to increasing our turnover to (for me anyway) ridiculous heights for the tax return 08/09 and so began the turnover challenge 2008.
The aim of the game is simple -we have to turnover more than £x00,000 in the next tax year. For a little more fun we decided to add in a forfeit for the company who earned the least. What's the forfeit I hear you cry! Well that's what's up for debate at the moment but basically it should be:
- Suitably humiliating to make sure you don't want to lose!
- Non-harmful to us (i.e. no tattoos, piercing's etc)
- Non-harmful to the businesses
- Non-harmful to others
We've come up with a few ideas but I thought I'd throw it out there for other ideas as I'm sure something amusing will come up! My fav's so far:
- A gym session in women's clothing: miniskirt, sports top and high heels (knowing Ian he'll wear the panties too!)
- Do a parachute -though I think that's something I want to try anyhow...
- Paragliding/Snowboarding/Other etc in the nuddy
- (Me) -become a hairdresser (Ian) -learn to code
The thing I like about the gym session is that it's scaleable i.e. "for every £10k difference in turnover, the other has to run for another minute on the treadmill..."
If you don't think that's a hard challenge, put it this way, to meet the target we've both got to more than double our turnover. If neither of us make it I suggest you get a weeks pass at my local gym -Next Generation April 2009!
You've got until April 1st 2008 to get the forfeit ideas in...